Here is a film to support students to take part in this festival with top tips and techniques in performing poetry and monologues from Manjit Sahota and Nottingham Playhouse.
Want some top tips from professionals?
Below are links to videos from professional performance poet Manjit Sahota and from actors and directors at the Nottingham Playhouse to help you with your entries.
These are really helpful and will guide you through the process.
Tips for Monologues from Nottingham Playhouse
Tips for performance poets from Manjit Sahota
Not sure where to start?
You can find lots of poems and monologues on the internet or by speak to your Drama or English teachers.
I have put together a folder of possible monologues which you can access here: Link to Google Drive
You can also find examples of monologues at the sites below:
You can find examples of poems which are good for performance and other great tips at the following websites:
- Share expertise and build a Community of Practice working remotely and meeting online.
- Create a resources bank and share knowledge, expertise and material, particularly monologues that have been tried and tested.
- Develop and enrich the criteria in each category
- Link to cultural sector and professional practice with Poets, Theatres and arts education organisations such as the Young Creatives Awards and ChalleNGe and Cultural Campus to give our students a rich and rewarding experience.
- A private Facebook Lockdown Act Up page to enable teachers to keep in touch regularly https://www.facebook.com/groups/343232350271157